1. Refinish a chair- You can find any old armchair or a woven chair at a garage sale or thrift store and refinish it. This will make a big statement and really make your room pop. Use a fun accent color! You can create a very high-end look, for just the cost of a thrift store item and some paint.
2. Add a mirror- Mirrors make your room look bigger. They are affordable (find one at a thrift store and restore/refinish it) and it fills up wall space!
3. Gallery of small frames- There are some really great wall art ideas around the world wide web. Use your child’s art projects and frame them. Do family pictures, frame stationary you like, fabric, etc.
4. Paint inside of bookshelf- This is a really inexpensive way to add a little pop. If you don’t have a bookshelf, paint inside a nook, or an accent piece of furniture like a colorful end table or buffet.
5. Create an Accent Wall- Yes, it is a bit of work. But really, it only takes a day or 2 and less than $100 to completely transform a room. Accent walls are great because they are smaller, so they are not so overwhelming.
6. Add house numbers to chairs or other number or letter art- For example, take bar stools and number them, or use throw pillows with words. This is a very fun, inexpensive accent! Go to a home improvement store, buy some numbers and paint them and add them to your chairs. Very creative and it looks like a custom design.
7. Repaint accent table- as mentioned earlier, another great way to add some pop!
8. Lighting- Add lighting or backlighting to accentuate decor pieces. This looks perfect over a picture, in an entertainment center, or above any angles or walls you have in your space.